Simply being born in the UK, or having settlement rights does not make you a British citizen.
Deciding to become a British citizen can be a significant step in your life, and the law in relation to whether you are a British Citizen, or entitled to become one, can be extremely complex and can be very expensive if you get it wrong. For example, Home Office rules mean that applicants can be barred from applying for a 10 year period if they complete their application form incorrectly and fail to disclose relevant information!
Simply being born in the UK, or having settlement rights does not make you a British citizen. Albany Solicitors are experts in advising on all aspects of ‘becoming British’ and are able to offer comprehensive services to assist in any applications that may be made.
In particular, we have specialist knowledge in the fields of:
- Citizenship by birth
- Citizenship by descent
- Becoming British as an adult (Naturalisation)
- Becoming British as a child (Registration)
- British National Overseas (BNO)
Our team would be happy to assist by:
- understand how the different rules relate to your particular needs and circumstances
- assess and advise upon the merits of an application
- prepare applications to the Home Office and government agencies
- support and help you resolve any and problems that might arise
As such, why take a chance when we can offer a cost effective service to ensure your application is as strong as possible. Contact us to make an appointment to discuss this further