High Net Worth
If you are a high net worth individual, there may be special rules allowing you to live and invest in the UK.
If you have access to sufficient financial resources, and wish to live in the UK, you may be able to apply to enter or remain in the UK without needing a job offer. This is known as Tier 1 of the Points Based System and is designed for those who wish to invest in the UK either through their own business or simply investment.
The team at Albany Solicitors can assist with all the following applications:
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
If you have access to over £200,000 (or £50,000 in some circumstances) and want to take over, join or start a business then this would be the most suitable application. We can assist you with all aspects, including but not limited to:
- sourcing suitable businesses for investment, tailored to suit your skills and wishes with excellent income potential
- maximum security
- preparing a full business plan
- negotiating investments into existing businesses on your behalf
- assisting with new business start-ups
- full assistance with the visa application
Tier 1 Investor Visa
If you wish to invest in the UK but do not necessarily wish to be involved in the running of a business, then the Investor route would be suitable. This requires you to have access to over £2 million which can be invested in the UK in several ways. Of course, should you wish to invest more then you may qualify for the right to live in the UK indefinitely much sooner. We can of course assist with all aspects of securing the visa, including:
- obtaining advice on suitable investment vehicles
- managing your investment portfolio
- ensuring funds can be transferred into the UK – we may be able to assist where currency restrictions apply
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa
This may apply if you are internationally recognised as a world leader or potential world-leading talent in the fields of science and the arts. This requires you to be endorsed by a designated competent body.
Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Are you an overseas graduate with a great business idea, and have the support of your University or UKTI? If so, you may be able to extend your stay after graduation to establish your business in the UK.